Sunday 9 June 2013

Wood Warbler

Whilst I was at my Grandma's at half term, I saw quite an interesting collection of birds, from Flycatchers to Sandwich Terns. But the bird I was surprised to see the most was the Wood Warbler; these active birds breed in my Grandma's and Grandpa's wood every year, however my Grandpa was rather concerned they hadn't turned up this year until I spotted one on Friday, the last day of visiting my Grandma's.


I have to say my Grandma's wood really does inspire with all it's wildlife (including all it's lovely flowers, like Blue Bells).


 It wasn't just Warblers, Flycatchers and Terns that I really enjoyed watching; all there garden birds like Chaffinches (below) gave me a good chance to practice my photography.


I hope you like my pictures (Greenfinch below).


I will soon be back with another post all about Cemlyn Bay and the big tern colony that lives there.

Wild Bird Wednesday

21 comments:

  1. Lovely shots of the birds Findlay... looking forward to see your post about Cemlyn Bay as I was there a couple of weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great images Findlay, it looks like your Granddad and Grandmum have a great place for you to explore on their doorstep, looking forward to the terns too

    ReplyDelete
  3. that chaffinch is just gorgeous! so is your grandmother's place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wood Warbler; that's a bird I've not seen yet this year. Very jealous. lol
    Your grandparents certainly have some good birds there.
    Great pictures with the new camera too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bird the Wood Warbler, no wonder you love it at your grandmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great serie of photos, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wood Warbler is a good find anywhere in the North West Findlay. Even better to get a picture of one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great series!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos and that wood looks like a beautiful place from which to watch birds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great variety of beautiful birds. Your photos are awesome Findlay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you're certainly picking up some fabulous photos with your new camera (I think) Findlay; well done; love these.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great set of pictures - I love that trilling call that wood warblers make (not that I hear it any more!!)

    Cheers - and thanks for linking to WBW - Stewart M

    ReplyDelete
  13. Extraordinary captures Findlay. Beautiful birds indeed, and gorgeous surroundings.

    Black Bellied Whistling Ducks

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful shots of the finches.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful array of the finch.
    My favorite is photo 3.
    Regards, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely place to watch wildlife! Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh you jammy thing ..... Wood Warbler! Superb Findlay.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree the birds are lovely, yet those Bluebells, makes me happy. I have few and maybe one day they will look like this~

    ReplyDelete