Tuesday 19 May 2015

Dear Mr Cameron

Below is the letter I am emailing to Mr Cameron every day.

...................................

Dear Mr Cameron

Congratulations on being the Prime Minister again. I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but if I had been old enough, I wouldn't have voted for you.  You never convinced me that you care enough about what really matters.

You see, the thing is, I understand how important the natural world is to everyone, and how everything we touch comes from nature in some form. I made a video for you to see before the election, but I don't think you would have watched it.

You might have time now though, just 5 minutes is all that I am asking. Things have to change for me and for your children and for all the people who care and for all the people who still don't even accept that there is a problem.

The bigger issues of pollution and climate change need to be addressed. These are things you should be shouting out loud about and asking for help with, but this hardly got a mention from you in the run up to the election.  There is nothing wrong with saying "I need help with this". Speak to the experts, talk to the people with answers.  Put it at the top of your pile of things to do. Please.

There are species at risk of going extinct right on our doorstep, species that don’t need to go extinct. Did you vote in the National Bird Vote? Did you know that our amazing hen harriers are now so persecuted that we may not have any breeding pairs this year? I voted hen harrier. I took a stand to say that what is happening is wrong.

Come and take a walk with me and see the world through my eyes. Come and talk about what matters even though most people take for granted all the things that really do matter.

The natural world is my inheritance, so please make sure that there is something left to leave for my generation.

This is the link to the video I made for you and the other party leaders. I hope you have time to watch it. http://wildeaboutbirds.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/dear-party-leaders-its-time-to-fix.html 

From Findlay Wilde

13 comments:

  1. That's a really splendid letter, Findlay. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done,I agree with every word.
    John.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well done.... very very well done!
    And if everyone who cared also sent Mr Cameron a copy of "What Nature does for Britain" by Tony Juniper....
    he might also get the financial message as well!!
    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done i see you took my advise and sent this to the politicians. Now he is the man at the top of his party, send it to the other leafing parties as well. I do expect him to perhaps be intrigued with someone so young being this caring for all environmental issues and he just might meet you. If you don't ask in live, you certainly will Never get anywhere. Well done Finlay. I am very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Findlay,
    Like you I’m an enthusiastic young birder from Cheshire who’s got a great passion for wildlife and also conserving it for the future generations. I’ve only been following your blog for a short time now, but I can see that you’ve got an unravelled love for wildlife and that you’re willing to do to anything to protect it. After reading your fantastic letter I’ve been inspired to write my own and send it off to PM, which I’ve just done and I’ll also be sending it every day like you as well, if you want to see my letter you can just go to my site - www.birdboy101.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great Elliot well done for all you do

      Delete
    2. Hi Elliot,
      Thank you so much for your comment and thank you for standing up for nature and sending your own letter to Mr Cameron. I have visited you brilliant website and read the letter. Hopefully you will get a response soon, but keep going until you do.
      Cheers, Fin

      Delete
  6. Findlay I hope he reads your letter, it would be interesting to see his response. On the positive side you've inspired others both the same age group as yourself and old grumpies like me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Findlay, you are an inspiration to us all – brilliantly written letter. I really hope he replies. Keep us all posted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Findlay, what a great ambassador you are for our passion. Well done, I am very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a very impressive young man. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done Fin, i looked at your film, if that doesn't get a reply from the PM, nothing will, good for you and let us know if HE (CAMMO) took the time to see your film.


    peter

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done , fantastic letter!

    ReplyDelete