Friday 31 August 2012

Back From Grandma's

I have just come back from a few days at my Grandma's house in North Wales and 2 lovely, bright Green Finches were in the garden to welcome me home.


 Unfortunately the tree the birds love has died, but I hope the neighbours don't chop it down because the birds love it up there.


A rather scruffy Collared Dove called in too.


And of course my faithful friends the House Sparrows


Whilst I was at my Grandma's I saw some extraordinary birds from high sky divers to low hunting drifters.
I saw an Osprey which was probably migrating, it even put on a display of diving and yes it had caught a trout or something like that. Then 15 minutes after, a female Hen Harrier showed up (loved it's white rump) and probably the last I will see this year, a migrating Redstart.

Thank you for a lovely time Grandma and Grandpa.

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen a Green Finch before.....we have the Goldfinch and House Finches here. Beautiful birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pleased to hear that you were treated with some great bird encounters while in North Wales where I live Findlay, I've still not had a green finch in my new garden, they're one of my favourites - lots of sparrows and starlings though!

    ReplyDelete