Friday 21 December 2012

Five Christmas Wishes

Today I have decided to tell you about the 5 wishes that I want to happen in the New Year (2013). I am also adding in 5 of my favourite pictures from 2012. Here they  are:.....


  • I would like every one to at least have one bird feeder the garden, since in the hard Winters birds will struggle to find food. Also, if people feel that excitement when a bird first lands on their feeder, they might just learn to love nature a bit more.
  • Try and keep factories and new building sites away from the county side, so pollution won't infect the wildlife in these places. 
  • I would like more people to realise how important nature really is, because every body really needs every part of it. I learnt that even wasps play an important part after watching The Secret Life of The Sparrowhawk by David Culley. The wasps clear the nests of the left over scraps of meat that are fed to the young Sparrowhawks.
  • I would like no further discard, because dead fish are just being thrown away when really they could be used for useful things. I don't understand how throwing dead fish into the sea is protecting them.
  • And finally I would love Kingsmead FC to win the cup final without it going to penalties.

18 comments:

  1. I like them all but No 3 is my fave...and good luck in the footy

    Cheers

    Davo
    Will we see you on one of our Long Eared Owl walks this winter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great wishes for the New Year Findlay, and an excellent selection of images to accompany them.

    I just hope all your wishes are realised and I'm sure you'll be doing your very best to make the last one a reality...Good Luck and all the best to you and your family for Christmas and the New Year...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. An excellent set of wishes and pictures Findlay.
    I think our leaders of this country should read this, and take note.
    And good luck with the final. I hope there's no Buzzards that day to distract you. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great set of wishes Findlay, and Sharon is thrilled her painting is in your Top 5!!! Hopefully we will get to see you over the holiday, you and your family have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful post Findlay and I hope all your wishes come true... as for the Cup Final that's something you can really make happen. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too hope all your wishes will be realised. Good Luck with the football game, and hope you, mum and dad, and all have a Happy and Peaceful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your wonderful images, and you wishes, with us, Findlay. I have a feeling that you are going to work hard at making all five wishes come true, and my wish is that you succeed on all counts!

    You and your family have been an inspiration to me in 2012, and I wish you all the best for Christmas and 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful Christmas Findlay - so lovely to see the ducks there in the top 5 - and thank you for the info about wasps - I always wondered what use they were to nature! and now I know - still not keen on them though!! Let's hope at least some of your wishes come true for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great wish list Findlay and not an unreasonable one, good selection of images to go with the list, you just need an image of the cup good luck with the final. Oh and I never knew about the wasps and Sparrowhawks, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A list of wishes, and they all are truly proper. And, I'm backing you on the Wasps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you get all 5, Findlay, and hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful post, Findlay! I do hope you wishes come true. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great set of wishes - hope that some sort of magic helps them to come true - and if not magic then the hard work of people will have to do the job!

    Do I detect a hint of self interest in the last one - being that you are a goal keeper!

    Cheers and hope you had a good Christmas.

    Stewart M - Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great set of photos and I hope you get your 5 wishes for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list, Findlay! Good luck in the game!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well I don't know about the last one, but I'll go along with it since all the other ideas are so good. Boom & Gary of The Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like all of your wishes Findlay, but the last one alone makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete