Sunday 30 December 2012

Meeting Sharon & Gary at RSPB Burton Mere

I was really looking forward to my visit to Burton Mere today, not just because of the bird life, but also to see Sharon and Gary for the first time.


In the past I am sure you have seen a picture of the three ducks that Sharon has painted for me, so today I met up with Sharon and Gary to do a bit of bird watching and to collect my painting. Thank you ever so much for the fantastic painting Sharon, I would love to meet up in the New Year some time with you both again.


As you can see, it is a brilliant painting; in fact, from my point of view it is as good as any other professional painting. 


The pool that you can see from reception was teeming with birds, however at the second hide there wasn't so many.


I think I am now seeing more Chaffinches than House Sparrows, they are pretty much everywhere you look!!


I prefer to get birds in trees so it looks natural, however with Goldfinches I just can't resist taking photos, especially when they are staring right at the camera.


 I kept trying to get good pictures of Nuthatches; me and Gary were having a little competition to see who could get the best photo, I think I did quite well, but Gary won by far.  In fact I have just seen Gary's Nuthatch pictures on his blog from today and they are amazing.


This is my brother Harley's Coot picture. I thought it was quite good, since I think it was his first time with the camera, so please give him a bit of praise.


In the afternoon we went to Frodsham Marshes, but more about some fabulous sightings there tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. awesome to meet the fantastic artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to meet you too Findlay - and of course Harley and your dad - that's a great photo Harley took - nice light captured there - sounds like you had a great time at Frodsham marsh and look forward to hearing about it in your next post and to meeting you all again very soon - for longer this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Findlay, was great to meet you, Harley and dad today, we are really sorry we couldnt stay any longer but cant wait to get out for a longer visit in the New Year. Love your report on the visit, not sure about the dodgy photo of Sharon and I, next time photoshop out the wrinkles!! There was a lot of Chaffinches about, just a shame we didn't see the Siskins close up. Harley's photo is a cracker, can see there being a bit of competition there! Looking forward to your report on Frodsham Marsh, lots of Birds of Prey I hope, don't be telling us there was Short Eared Owls, will be very jealous. Take care young fella, and see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely day you must have had Findlay... it's lovely to hear you have met up with two wonderful bloggers. I am a fan of Sharon's beautiful artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Findlay, its always great to meet fellow bloggers. I've made some good friends through blogging. I bet you all had a fantastic time.
    Excellent account of your day, with pictures. And Harley's Coot is a cracker.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Harley, I love photographing birds and that's better then any of my first efforts! Hope you and your family have a great 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a great day Findlay and what a nice way to finish off the year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops. just seen this blog :) after my post on your Parkgate & Frodsham one

    ReplyDelete