Tuesday 4 September 2012

Standing Room Only

I have not seen many Greenfinches in my garden this year, however all of a sudden about 15 have been coming down to feed at a time, which to me is a bit perculiar as we have gone from none to so many almost overnight. I'm not complaining though.


The Goldfinches wanted to join the party.



And the House Sparrows.


For some reason my mum always laughs when they all come down altogether (crazy old mum).
The Blackbird didn't seem very inpressed.


But the Collared Dove made the most of the seeds on the floor.


An unwelcome visitor arrived for the the finches, but I enjoyed watching him.



 And that just left this little chap at the party table.


This has to be my Wild Bird Wednesday post, as so much went on in the garden so close to where I was sitting.

9 comments:

  1. Great post! So nice to see som many greenfinches in the garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shots. Great to have a busy garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful to see Findlay..
    I will swap you some of my Long-tailed Tits for a few of your Greenfinches..

    ReplyDelete
  4. How's that birdseed fund:)? More shall come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love all the finches, they are pretty birds. Great shots of your yardbirds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely shots of your garden birds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there - Glad you enjoy WBW - thats what its for (and it almost spelt the correct way for you!)

    Nice set of garden birds - and while I like all the finches it's always good to see a bird of prey drop past!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Australia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thinking of just spreading seeds out on the ground as the squirrels have destroyed all my feeders.

    ReplyDelete