Monday 8 July 2013

Wilde About Birds Blog - 1 Year Old Today


I can't believe it, today my blog is actually a whole year old, its gone so fast and I started it at the beginning of my final year of primary school and now this week I am having my induction for high school !!


So I would like to reflect on some of the things I have achieved and tried to achieve. However out of everything I want to say a big thank you to all my fellow blog followers that have helped me and supported me throughout the year.

I would like to list everyone that has helped me, however that would take me far to long, nevertheless I know that all of you know that you've helped me anyway. Some of the main highlights for me has been my extraordinary ringing learning experience (with my funny, helpful, supporting, enthusiastic teacher Peter Fearon ) and of course the majority of my blog followers who made the effort to do a special birthday walk (and the ones I really missed that couldn't come). 


I'd really like to thank Andrew Fulton (Rambles with a Camera) who inspired me to start blogging. Here are a few other good things: being on Spring Watch  Unsprung, interview with Cheshire Life, filming with Lucy McRoberts, meeting the full of knowledge Bill Morton at Frodsham Marsh, nest recording with Alan Garner and writing a guest blog for Mark Avery.   But most of all I have been learning and that has been so enjoyable and I like sharing what I have learnt.


However, here are some of the down sides: No nature days in school, feeding Station being trashed, hearing about the Badger Culling and the loss of most of our beautiful Hen Harriers, some people not being too helpful which all sums up to one thing 

That Owen Patterson and Micheal Gove are absolutely useless!!!

Anyway got to dash off, nature needs me, and I'm doing a spot of moth trapping (by the way Owen and Micheal nature doesn't need you!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Wild Bird Wednesday

25 comments:

  1. happy one year blogiversary! i thought your birthday walk was one of the coolest things in blogland. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last bit about O.Patterson and M.Gove put a smile on my face. I wish you and your blog all the best for the coming years, one of many things that has impressed me is your enthusiam for birding and nature. Good luck with High School and look forward to reading more about you bird ringing sessions and other wildife ventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time sure does fly Findlay, it doesn't seem that it's been a year since a certain young man burst onto the blogging scene and impressed us all with his boundless enthusiasm for nature and wildlife. You've achieved and experienced so much in such a short time and I hope that you, and I've no doubt that you will, go on to achieve much more in the coming years. Perhaps you could start with getting your new school up to speed and 'educating' them on what the importance of looking after our wildlife means to us all!

    And I couldn't agree more with your sentiments in the last couple of paragraphs!

    Congratulations on your blogaversary Findlay, and keep up the good work!...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for holding true to what you believe in! You are an inspiration for all nature lovers, no matter their age.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Findlay...Yes it seems like just yesterday when I clicked on the Wilde about Birds title, and was so impressed with this special young fella named Findlay!!
    A lot has happened for you, with your love for birds this year!! Did you ever expect this ?? : )

    Happy one year, with more and better things to come!!

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Only a year old? You're doing well Findlay :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Findlay, Bill Morton emailed with "Wow! Birthday blog here already. A fun packed nature experience from a beam of light and a new generation coming through. Keep up the the good work and entertaining us all with stories from your notebooks".

    ReplyDelete
  8. An excellent post reflecting on your first year birding/ringing/blogging etc, etc. The end piece quoting Patterson and Gove is spot on, and taking into account the negatives is always a good idea in my view.

    Keep on keeping on, stay as young as you can for as long as you can, and enjoy the wildlife which certainly does need your kind.

    My Sincere Best Wishes to you Findlay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so refreshing to know that someone from your generation really cares about nature. The world needs more like you. Congrats for sticking with this blog and keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your 1 year. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe that it's nearly a year ago that I came upon the blog of Findlay Wilde! You've been like a breath of fresh air with your inspirational attitude to birds and wildlife in general. It's not often that someone as young as you commands the respect of a 'special interest group' as highly as you have done. The beauty of it is that you have most of your life ahead of you in which to achieve great things, and I've no doubt that you will!

    Congratulations, and my very best wishes.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well then, you and Stewart, our fearless host of WBW have something to celebrate together. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your 1st blog anniversary and may you have many more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary, Findlay! I have enjoyed your blog post and photos over the past year. I hope to see many more post. Happy Birding!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on year one! May there be many more!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Anniversary, Findlay Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Blogoversary Findlay! You are a true asset to the birding community and the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations at year one and the best of luck in your new school Findlay. I'm sure you will be a star pupil and in particular, perhaps teach the teachers a thing or two about nature.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy oneth birthday! Hope you keep blogging and linking to WBW.

    Cheers and thanks for the link to WBW.

    Stewart M

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't believe it's a year since you started your blog Findlay... time goes so fast.
    I am really looking forward to seeing and hearing about your exploits as the next year unfolds.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on reaching this milestone, Findlay! It's always a pleasure to read your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on completion of 1 year. You share great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bravo to you! You really are to be commended for hanging in with this and for your genuine love of birds and wildlife. Keep strong and stay positive!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on one full year of birding and blogging. I am so proud for you and I know that this coming year will be just as fine for you. Always something to learn, to share. I would love for you to visit on my blog sometime as well. Have a great day and a great year~

    ReplyDelete