Tuesday 11 February 2014

Good Question 18 - BTO Bird Atlas

It's Quiz Night Tuesday


It's been a little while since the last quiz so here it is back again.

Tonight's question is:

Approximately how many schools participated in submitting date for the (fabulous) BTO Bird Atlas 2007-11?

Whoever is closest wins a slice of my birthday cake on Thursday.

And of course we have to have a bird picture, so here are some Great Crested Grebes from Marbury last Friday.


According to the Bird Atlas, there has been a 22% increase in Winter range size since the previous 1981-84 Atlas, so a good news story for this species.

Good luck with the quiz. I will post all your answers and the actual answer tomorrow.

And the answer is:

Well on page 90 of the Bird Atlas it says at least 20 of the observers were schools. If there were a lot more than this I am sure Dawn will correct me.


13 comments:

  1. Best wishes for a very happy birthday on Thursday Findlay, have fun unwrapping ALL those presents!!

    A complete guess for the quiz answer, I'm afraid ...3500

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Findlay, thanks for dropping in on my blog. its always nice to have a new visitor, like the Grebe pics. Keep up the good work .
    All the best Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Rick Morranis..oops I mean Michael Gove had his way it would be zero. However given one of your recent guest blogs I would say it was low, 120 school

    ReplyDelete
  4. 202 schools - a figure plucked out of the air like a pigeon by a peregrine.

    Cheers

    DaveyMan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I was only '2' out - does that mean I get the cake?

    Cheers

    DaveyMan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are very cool little birds. I love that crest. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that one looks like it has a lion's mane. Nice pic.

    ReplyDelete