Sunday 8 July 2012

Anderton Nature Park

At about 8.45am this morning me and my dad (Nigel) were setting off to one of my favourite Cheshire nature reserves, Anderton Nature Park.

When we got there the excitement was increasing rapidly inside me. We had to pay and display before we set off on are long walk to Haydn’s pool. As me and my dad started walking it wasn't long before we heard the laughing calls of the green woodpecker. As we continued walking we were soon walking beside the river (which was flowing rather fast).

As me and my dad got closer to the edge of the water there was a sudden strange call coming from the reeds and as it happened the bird making that noise was a very handsome male reed warbler which must of been showing off to the females. After that exciting spot it wasn’t long before a load of other birds showed up.

Here’s what I saw over the entire day:
Chiffchaffs, Willow warblers, Wrens, Blue tits, Great tits, Long tailed tits, Coal tits, Bullfinches (males red tummy was beautiful), Grasshopper warbler, Magpies, Common sandpipers, Coots, Moorhens, Little grebes, Great Crested Grebe, blackbirds, mallard ducks, Robins, Mute swans and Canada geese.

When me and my dad reached Haydn’s pool there was someone there who I had met before, he was very interested in birds. And because I was so enthusiastic about birds he had put me on his blog (Rambles with a Camera). I had a big chat about birds with him and told him about the Great Grey Shrike I saw whilst I was at my grandma’s house.

Wasn’t much at Neumann’s Flash apart from a few Mute swans and that’s the the day done.            

8 comments:

  1. Your Blog is fantastic Findlay...
    I will share it with some of my blogging friends tomorrow evening on World Bird Wednesday hopefully you will get a few more comments.
    Keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing my blog with your friends, I hope me and my dad see you again. I'm sure we will. I have told my dad I want a camera like yours for Christmas.

      Delete
  2. Come to you through Andrew's blog. Seems to me you saw quite a bit on today's ramble. Continue to have fun bird watching with your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Findlay...Andrew spoke of you on his blog, so I came over to see what you are doing!!
    Your doing a great job and it is nice to see a young man like yourself excited about the birds, and nature!!
    Grace..in the USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done fella
    you are setting out on a Lifetimes journey into nature it doesnt get any better than that.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great outing birdwatching. It is my favorite hobby. I enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog Findlay! I love your blog title!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there Findlay, read about you on Andrew's blog. Yours is great~

    ReplyDelete