Sunday 29 July 2012

Haydn's Pool & Neumann's Flash

As you may know, today I have been Haydn's Pool and Neumann's Flash. My dad woke me up this morning (not the other way round) at about half past five to give us time to have breakfast. The House Sparrows were having their breakfast in our garden too:


As we got ready I was already clutching my new Bridge camera which my mum had teated me to.
Me and my dad eventually set off, however I didn't see much whilst on the the way. When I got there the place was littered with rabbits there must of been atleast 30 as well as a feeding party of tits.

As we set off on the main walk I saw........  MILLIONS OF BIRDS!!! Here is a list of the ones on the way:
I spotted the most beautiful Kingfisher with it's turquoise blue back, that darted straight in front of us (about 2m away), three Reed Warblers not singing there normal song, 8 Bullfinches mostly males, 1 Great Spotted Woodpecker, 1 Jay, a few Wrens, Tits of all sorts and finally a few Feral and Wood Pigeons.

When me and my dad got to Haydn's pool there were already a load of mallards and best of all there was two Green Sandpipers and that was that for Haydn's Pool.

Then as we moved on towards Neumann 's flash I tried the camerea again, but I need a bit of practice.
here are some of the pictures.


There wasn't much at Neumans flash apart from a few Swans, Lapwings and Great Crested Grebe.
On the way back we walked along the old road which used to from northwich to Anderton/Barnton but it is now closed like has been for years. I saw and got a picture of a dead Shrew:

On the way back I got a funny picture of a squrrel and saw 4 Great Spotted Woodpeckers:


We did call back at Haydn's pool but there was hardly any thing there. And thats the day.
And by the way you should visit if you get chance, it's great there.



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful walk.. enjoy your new camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your camera, birding and your ringing ambitions findlay.

    ReplyDelete