Saturday 27 October 2012

Birds At Grandma's

As I was on my way to Grandma's, travelling up the track, I spotted alot of Buzzards circling a field full of freshly cut grass. They must of been looking for chopped up mice when the grass cutter carved through the field.


This picture isn't too clear, but a Red Kite had been attracted by all the fuss the Buzzards were making. When I looked to the ground I spotted a him foraging for food.

The track and area around it provide a great habitat for birds.


Most of the time whilst I was there, I was taking pictures of the birds my Grandma gets in the garden. She mostly gets Tits, especially Great Tits.

More Great  Tits.

As you can see she lives near a wood, so she gets quite alot of different species in her garden, but the tits were putting on the best show.


She even gets the odd Nuthatch however she has never seen two at once.


"Yum tasty I can't wait to fly up into this big tree this nut looks so nice."


Don't you think Coaltits are beautiful birds, they are always on my Grandma's feeders.

Mostly on the seeds.


I have never seen these birds on the feeders before!


When I got home, I was so excited beacause I think I spotted the first Field Fares of the year.




7 comments:

  1. Hola Findlay,ya veo que tienes los comederos a tope ,el mio poco a poco tambien se va llenando de comensales.Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have had a smashing time Findlay... lovely images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like you had a great time at your Grandma's place - no wonder you enjoy going there so much! Never forget that Grandmas are very special people and love to hear from their grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the Coal Tit is a brilliant little bird which moves at the speed of a rocket, when I watch them in the garden the energy they have is truly amazing.

    Great to see you had a good time at Grandmas Findlay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see that you had plenty of birds to see while staying with your Grandma Findlay...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great time and came back with some great pics too. Well done on getting the Fieldfares they are only just arriving :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Plenty of birds at your grans Findlay.

    ReplyDelete