Sunday 28 October 2012

RSPB Conwy, Llandudno & The Orme


Whilst I was at my Grandma's, I was out and about alot of the time, and on Wednesday I visited the Great Orme. There were plenty of goats and when I looked down from the wall I was amazed by the view. 

As I fed the gulls I noticed a Jackdaw perched on a wall looking a bit peckish, so I decided to feed a few crumbs to it. A bit like when Andrew fed the Raven (Rambles With A Camera)


This young gull was looking a bit jeaulous and trundled off when the food was gone.


After an enjoyable visit to the Great Orme, I visited RSPB Conwy where I met Julian who was really helpful and kind. When I arrived at the second hide there was a big flock of Lapwing (vanellus vanellus) hanging out.


Luckily when I arrived at the final hide there was a Little Egret wading out in the shallows right next to the hide. It was joined by a Curlew.

As I was strolling back I noticed some mushrooms in the formation of a circle which was rather interesting. Does anyone know why they grow like this?


The right side of the circle seemed to be the most healthy of the lot, possibly because they were a bit more in the sunlight.


If I am honest the Estaury had more birds on it it than the pools. I saw Oystercatchers, a single Redshank, Curlew, Mute Swan, Gulls and Little Egrets.


A Robin joined us on the walk back to the car.



 

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time Findlay.
    You got some great pictures. I've never seen the goats on the Orme when I've been.
    I'm missing Wales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Findlay looks like you had a great outing. I love the cute robin! Great birds and sighting, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some more nice sightings and pics there Findlay, I think I've seen the ring mushrooms before but unfortunately can't tell you what they are or why they form the circle. I hope someone helps us both :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had plenty to see on your trip up the Great Orme and to RSPB Conway Findlay. Great shot of the Jackdaw...[;o)

    Why do mushrooms grow in rings? check it out here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Findlay for some reason that link doesen't work! just Google the question, it's interesting to know...];o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful images.. and watching the wildlife is much better than school.
    Sorry Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Findlay... Awesome post ...the goat is amazing, and nice on with the Egret!!
    Mushroom in a circle hey...new to me, but sure is interesting ...I think fungi is pretty cool !!
    Have a good week..at school : )
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good stuff Findlay I love the Orme and hope to live there one day. Regarding the Mushroon circles they are known as Fairy rings and in folklore they are known as a location of gateways into elfin kingdoms, or places where elves gather and dance.

    ReplyDelete