Sunday 21 October 2012

Misty Marbury


Yesterday I visited Anderton Nature Park, however there wasn't that much there, so this morning I got up (and got mum up) really early and we went to Marbury Park. It was very misty. We could hear all the geese honking from across the water, but we couldn't see that far.

The feeders had been filled up which meant I could enjoy all the Tits, Nuthatches and Woodpeckers. (Even a Green Woodpecker was sitting in a tree top, however I coudn't get a picture because it was to dark and only there for a few seconds). 


This Robin seemed to be enjoying the mist coming from the lakes edge.


I spotted one of my mums favourite birds, a female Tufted Duck.  We could hear the Mallards laughing from somewhere within the misty murk.


Now, this Blue Tit kept coming to and fro from the nut feeder so I was trying to get a picture of it with a nut in it's mouth, but instead I got it spirralling down into the bramble bushes. 


There were so many Coal Tits down by the lake hide, however at the woodland birdhide I only spotted one or two. They must prefer the lake side spot. It's great seeing all the tits queuing up to wait for their turn on the feeders (unlike the greedy Starlings at home).


It was perfect wether for fungi, it was absolutely everywhere.


The woodland birdhide was not as busy as the lake hide, however I was patient and suddenly birds were coming in from all over the place, perfect for Wild Bird Wednesday.


I really enjoyed Marbury. However I am going to my grandma's in North Wales for a whole week now so I will look out for some intersting birds there.  Grandma's turn to get up early! I am hoping to get to RSPB Conwy again.


Hopefully I will have some great picutres and news for my blog for when I get back.

26 comments:

  1. A lovely post Findlay... I hope you don't mind but I have just mentioned your Cheshire Life story on my blog..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, I love the cute nuthatches and the pretty robin. Have fun during your week visiting your Grandmother. Happy Birding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely autumn morning for you, a brilliant time to get your mum up. I love the Nuthatch and Tufted Ducks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try to get on the Great Orme whilst in N.Wales, better still get someone to show you around if you can Findlay....some great birds to be found on there if its your lucky day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hope you enjoy your time with your grandmother. :) i like the little nuthatches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Findlay..Awesome post!! I love that little Robin you have there,but it is nothing like what we call a Robin here!!
    Nice shot of the Nuthatch the same one I get at my feeders, strange that we have some alike and some so different !
    Great diving Chaffinch shot : }!
    Marvelous looking fungi to
    Have a good week with Grandma!!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great post from you Findlay.

    Have a great time in north Wales. Just a little envious :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post Findlay, you did well to get any pictures in the poor light and a good range species round those feeders.
    Have great week, look forward to your next post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great series!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delightful post.....I love being out in the mist, and your Mum must love going along with you.
    Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great morning tour. I also saw my first coaltits today. It is one of my favourite birds.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful post/photos for the day, Findlay!! I love the foggy view in the first one! Enjoy your visit with your Grandmother!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. More lovely shots. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely post Findlay, it was a bit misty wasn't it, I headed north to RSPB Leighton Moss ant it was a lovely day, hopefully get the pics posted at some point, have a great week here in Wales with your gran, and enjoy Conwy if you get there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent photography of nature and all its wonders ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excellent photos!!! I would be just like the robin 'bout now too....after the long hot summer, a cool damp mist coming in over my shoulders, I would welcome!!!


    Hootin' Anni @ Hootin' Anni's - Egret taking to flight
    and
    I'd Rather B Birdin - Cooper's Hawk

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great series of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great captures, Findlay. Wishing you an enjoyable and exciting visit with your Gran.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You certainly make the most of your weekends and visit some lovely places Findlay. Great photos too! I see you have some wonderful birds on your garden list, there are quite a few there which I have never seen in mine.

    Many congratulations on the Cheshire Life article :-)

    Have a lovely time in beautiful Wales with your Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great shots, Findlay! I like the robin! They're quite different than ours.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi there - nice post. I do like that "up side down" nuthatch - its such a classic pose.

    Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW

    Stewart M - Australia

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely shots! These are wonderful little birds.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a very nice site you have! I love your pictures and description of your outing. It's great to see birds on the other side of the world! Have a good time at your grandma's.

    -Wally (Florida, USA)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just caught up with your blog Findlay, after returning from Morocco. A beautiful post, well-written and very nicely illustrated. Keep up the good work, and I hope that you are having a great half-term in Wales.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Findlay you take some very good pictures, I go to Anderton and Marbury with a local bird ringer too ring the wild birds around the feedstations, Have you ever been down to Saltersford Locks I have feedstations down there across the other side of the lock on the island and we ring the birds down there as well, At the moment there are quite a few Brambling feeding. Take a look at my website just type camodave.co.uk into your homepage browsers see what you think. Regards Dave Harazny ps you've got a good blog young fella.

    ReplyDelete