Sunday 11 November 2012

Long Tailed Tits

When I was busy working on my World War two school project I heard a sound, and as soon as I heard it I kew it was Long Tailed Tits.  I just had to leave the project and take a quick look.


These lovely tits are not common visitors to my garden so I really hope they return tomorrow.


They were quite happy feeding on insects, however, sometimes they had a peck on my nut feeder.


They liked to stick together, because last time they came there was a Sparrowhawk lurking round. 


I am sure you will agree they are quite hard to get photos of. They don't stay still for even a minute.


I have had a very busy weekend with my dad.  We have been making a bird hide from the old shed for me, so when I am inside, I am right next to the feeders.  I will be writing all about this in my next blog.

12 comments:

  1. Buenas capturas del Mito.Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful little birds to see FIndlay and your pictures are lovely. I can't wait to see your new hide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good old Dad. They do come in useful occasionally. Its only in recent years that lottis have begun to visit garden feeders, so good on you for noticing they do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done in capturing these images Findlay. They are beautiful birds and, as you say, not easy to photograph because they are constantly on the move.

    I've said in the past that your parents must be very proud of you. I now realise that you must also be very proud of your parents, especially the way your dad is supporting your interest in wildlife.

    I look forward to seeing the fruits of your combined labours. I'd love a fixed garden hide!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos ! Our back yard birds are used to me with my camera and I can now stand close about half a foot away to the feeders and take their photos , They even respond and are used to my voice as I talk to them all the time . It's a great feeling to get so close and just watch them ! Have a lovely day !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Findlay...Hope you got that paper down : )
    The LLT is my favorite bird you have over there ...so tiny and cute!!
    A pat on the back for Dad...great place that will be to photo and observe the birds!!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not easy birds to capture Findlay; well done.
    The hide project sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are great birds, excellent to get a nice set of pics Findlay :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like the sound of the hide, well done Dad, look forward to the photos from it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Findlay, it's always fun to watch the antics of these super little birds as a family group passes through. You got some good images and once your new hide (how lucky are you??) is in operation you'll hopefully get even more, after you've completed your homework, of course!! Nice one Dad!...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lotties are indeed very hard to get in the frame, and sadly ignored by some, I think they are great characters and you can always hear them coming, great post Findlay

    ReplyDelete
  12. Magnificent photos! Keep it up ! :)

    ReplyDelete