Thursday 1 November 2012

Misty Morning Visitors Passing Through

I woke up this morning and looked about of my window and there was a really misty day to look forward to...... NOT!!!  Although I have to admit, the view did look rather magical.


When I glanced into the second field (which is the field next to the one behind my house near the little lake) I could hear a lot of honking, so I looked through my binoculars and there were probably about 250 Canada Geese, which is a massive inprovement since last year, when there were only about 20. I am so pleased that they have come back again. There is a pure white goose with the Canada Geese which was also with them last year.


Since Winter is closing in there has been plenty of bird and wildlife activity in the garden, like the Collared Doves which visit in a group of about 8.


There are more Tits than Sparrows at the moment, however the biggest change I have noticed at the moment is the increase in Chaffinches.


The Fieldfares are definitely in the second field now, but I need to creep up on them at the weekend to get a good picture.

14 comments:

  1. A lovely, misty morning and beautiful birds as always, Findlay! Wonderful captures for the day! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the Fieldfares Findlay - hope you saved some apples for the cold weather when the thrushes may come into your garden. Nice misty shot and I hope you checked out the white goose, just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People here (Vancouver) have little respect for, and even dislike, Canada Geese so I am really happy to read that you were excited to see so many. They are amazing parents, very intelligent, and beautiful too. Hope you get to see the white one. I wonder if it was a Snow Goose?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another lovely post Findlay. I'm jealous because I've not seen a Fieldfare yet this autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exciting time of the year Findlay, with all the new arrivals coming. Hope you manage to get the Fieldfares.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Misty mornings are very atmospheric, your pics capture it well. Good Luck with Fieldfare pics, I look forward to seeing them. Glad you had good numbers of geese too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on the misty moist mornings! Definitely NOT my favorite kind of weather -- you'd be right at home in Oregon (just as we were when we visited England). That said, your pictures are great and it is a good time for birds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the misty morning shot! Great birds and photos! Happy Birding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your views. I think that is such a wonderful quiet perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Let's hope that we don't have too many misty mornings to come Findlay! And good luck with those Fieldfares...[;o)

    ReplyDelete