Friday 16 November 2012

News From The Hide

As I have recently mentioned, I have had a bird hide built for me; and for the past few mornings I have been having breakfast inside.

Sadly no pictures, but I have seen some stunning birdlife (I will try and get some pictures over the weekend). The only problem is the feeders are really close up so I am literally almost 30cm from the bird when it lands on a feeder.  I might move them back a bit for photos like Richard has suggested, but for just watching them it's great to see them so close.

Heres what I've seen:
Starlings, a single Wren, Blue Tits, Collared Dove, Magpie, House Sparrow, Buzzard, Canada Geese, the odd one out goose (Mr White), FieldFares, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Mistle Thrush and I am sure I will see plenty more.   

5 comments:

  1. You have already seen some wonderful birds from your hide Findlay and as the birds get used to it you are bound to see loads more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty good tally of birds for such a short time, Findlay. I'm pleased to hear that the hide is working well for you. As Andrew says, it might take the birds a little time to get used to the hide being there - but they will. Good luck for the weekend! I look forward to seeing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Findlay...So happy you are enjoying your hide and getting to see a good variety of birds!! It can only get better : )
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great start Findlay, I love the idea of breakfast in the hide, fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As time goes on the birds will get used to the hide, and as the winter rolls on more birds will drop in.

    ReplyDelete